Monday, April 13, 2009

Books Promoted with technology!

http://papercuts.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/04/13/boom-goes-the-novel/?hp

I found this to be an interesting thought- books (that are mostly printed) are shared and promoted with the latest technology. We talked about how people are going the route of reading newspapers, etc. online for free but books/novels in paper form are still preferred. I don't see people who love to read books stop buying them. To some, a book is a treasure. I love the way the latest technology is being used to have discussions (blogs) about books- and other technology being used as well.

How will technology ever replace a good book that you can take to the beach to read?

(I'm sure there will be something!!)

Nanci

1 comment:

  1. Nanci, that is an interesting concept. I still prefer an actual book, too. There is something aesthically pleasing to me about a book. I'm not in a hurry to run out and purchase a KINDLE or any of those devices yet, not ready to deal with the disruption and you can't curl up with a good reading device. You're right there will be something---where does it end?

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete