I found an interesting article on PR 2.0 website that included the stats below. Considering how fast social networks are growing, do you think these stats have become outdated by now?
Blogs and social networks are now part of our daily lives.
* comScore MediaMetrix (August 2008)
- Blogs: 77.7 million unique visitors in the US
- Facebook: 41.0 million | MySpace 75.1 million
- Total internet audience 188.9 million
* eMarketer (May 2008)
- 94.1 million US blog readers in 2007 (50% of Internet users)
- 22.6 million US bloggers in 2007 (12%)
* Universal McCann (March 2008)
- 184 million WW have started a blog | 26.4 US
- 346 million WW read blogs | 60.3 US
- 77% of active Internet users read blogs
Full article: www.briansolis.com/2008/09/state-of-social-media-2008.html